Mutual Exchange Application Form
Please only complete an application form when you have found a swap
Important information to read before completing the application form
A decision to be granted permission to move or not has to be completed within 42 days of receipt of your application. This does not include the actual exchange of properties taking place.
The receipt date for a group of tenants wishing to exchange will not start until we have received an application from all parties involved.
All tenants taking part in the exchange must each complete an application, this includes non Nottingham City Council tenants - who must let their landlord know that they'd like to move through a mutual exchange - and get their permission.
It is the responsibility of all tenants involved in the mutual exchange to make sure that all applications are submitted in a timely manner. We will not contact you or take responsibility for chasing missing applications in a proposed exchange.
Please complete the form below if you would like to apply for a mutual exchange, completing all relevant sections and providing as much information as possible.
Before completing this form you must have found an exchange partner.
As part of your application, you must also agree to the following conditions:
Condition A: Conditions that must be met before an exchange is approved:
- Only the tenant(s) can make applications
- No exchange can take place without written permission from Nottingham City Council Housing Services and/or any other registered provider, council or housing association
- Your application to exchange will be conditional if you have broken any of your tenancy conditions
- Any outstanding rent arrears must be cleared before Nottingham City Council Housing Services will give consent to move and your rent account must have a zero balance at least two days before you sign for an exchange
- Your application will also be made conditional if there are repairs or work required to your home and garden which are your responsibility – this includes any items that have been damaged, or any alterations that you have carried out. Conditional approval means you will have to carry out this work before the exchange is approved
- Allow gas and electrical safety checks to take place, which are a legal requirement of a mutual exchange
- Allow access to the surveyor to carry out full property inspections when requested, which is a requirement of a mutual exchange
Condition B: Following the exchange, Nottingham City Council Housing Services will not be responsible for the following:
- The internal decoration of the property
- Any repairs resulting from alterations, neglect or damage by the previous tenant
- Repairs to any non-standard fixtures and fittings installed by the previous tenant such as showers, kitchen units
- If essential repairs are undertaken in the future to non-standard kitchen or bathroom fixtures, please be aware that any replacement will be with standard items - this means that they may not colour match the remainder of your suite
- Lock changes
- Rubbish removal from previous tenants - including in lofts, cupboards, gardens and outbuildings
- Missing bins
Your data matters!
Please read our Privacy Notice, to understand how we look after the information you give to us.