Leaving the Armed Forces

Housing options for people leaving the Armed Forces

This information is for:

  • people who will soon be leaving the Armed Forces
  • veterans who have served in the Armed Forces in the last five years
  • the families of people who will soon be leaving the Armed Forces and veterans

We want to do all we can to support people who are leaving the Armed Forces find somewhere to live - including those due to leave, veterans who have already left (of up to five years) and your family.

We're also committed to helping veterans who have housing but, as a result of their experiences in the Armed forces, it is not suitable for their needs.

Nottingham City Council's Allocations Policy has been written to make sure that it supports Armed Forces and Ex-Armed Forces Personnel. You can read the policy on this page: Policy Documents.

To be able to look for a suitable home, you'll first need to join the Housing Register. You can do this through Housing Online, by clicking here.

If you need any help with your application or with bidding for suitable homes, our HomeLink Support Officers can help you.