Mutual Exchanges

New applications for mutual exchanges are now being accepted.

All new applicationsĀ must be made on the online application form by clicking the button below.

What is a Mutual Exchange?

A Mutual Exchange is where you swap houses with another tenant - with our permission.

You can make an exchange with any Nottingham City Council Housing Services tenant, or any council or housing association tenant anywhere in the UK.

You'll need permission from all landlords before the move can take place - but once granted, it can be an easier and quicker way of finding a new home.

It's really important that you carefully check the home that you are swapping to, before the legal transfer is completed - so you know exactly what you will be moving in to. We recommend visiting your exchange at least twice, before committing.

A decision to be granted permission to move, or not, has to be completed within 42 days of receipt of your application. This does not include the actual exchange of properties taking place.

To find someone to swap with, register for free with Homeswapper.