We know that having a good quality home is important to you. We take all reports of faults in your home seriously and always aim to resolve any issues as quickly as possible.
If you want to report a repair, or chase one up, please talk to us - we're here to help. Just call 0115 915 2222.
Beware of bogus callers
We’re aware that some customers are being contacted by disrepair claims management companies about making a claim against us for disrepair. Sometimes the company claims to be working on behalf of Nottingham City Council, and may even send surveyors to your home.
We advise you not to engage the services of such companies as they could put you at serious financial risk.
- We never work with such companies – they are not connected to us in any way.
- Our teams work directly for – not on behalf of – Nottingham City Council Housing Services.
- We do not contact customers via WhatsApp, nor do we 'cold call'.
- All our employees carry ID badges, which you should always ask to see.
- We occasionally use specialist contractors who will be able to prove that we have asked them to visit you.
- If you’re in any doubt, please do not give out personal details or allow access to your home.
- Call us on 0115 915 2222 to verify a caller’s identity if you wish.
Legal firms make huge profits from disrepair claims. Even if your claim is successful, the legal firm will take from you a substantial amount of any damages you are awarded, in addition to any legal costs, leaving you with only a small part of the money.
If they come to your door, make sure you:
- Always ask for identification
- call the police if you feel scared or threatened
- talk to us before you sign any documents.
Don’t be misled or bullied into signing anything, as you will be liable to pay fees if you change your mind. And remember - you cannot legally submit a housing disrepair claim unless you have spoken to us first.
Reporting a repair or making a complaint
We’d rather this money was helping you, rather than going to legal firms.
The best way of making sure this happens is to follow these steps before speaking with any of these claims companies:
If you're unsure about anything, please talk to us - we're here to help. Just call 0115 915 2222.